Tuesday, December 7

Sketch Challenge!

HAPPY TUESDAY!  Have you ever needed a little 'PUSH' to get you started doing something?  I know I have!  And with card-making, starting with a sketch (also known as a layout) really does get me moving in the right direction.  I can look at the sketch and decide whether or not I should use a round focal image, or a tall one, then I look at the design and imagine what papers would look good together with the focal image I picked out already... Eventually, I get to this.................

This week 'A Crafty Little Place' has provided the first step for you!  A very easy peasy sketch to get your juices flowing!!!  I used some beautiful paper by Cosmo Cricket called Mittle Weather, available now at Die Cuts R Us!!  Isn't is all pretty in purple and snowflake shapes??  I love this!  I used Maree Truelove's Wreath for my card, along with a sentiment stamp from Stampin' Up!  And no card is finished unless it has some crinkled seam binding ribbon from Prairie Bird Boutique!  Tell Patsy I sent ya!  You get 15 yards (5 yards each of three different colors) for just $5.00!!!!!!  SUCH a deal and she's so fast, too! 

Pop on over to ACLP and play along this week using the sketch below!  You can tweak it just like I did, too, it doesn't have to be exact, it's just for inspiration!  Be sure to check out all of the creations by the ACLP designers using this sketch and these Mitten Weather papers over at "A Crafty Little Place" now!

ENJOY YOUR DAY!

4 comments:

Piali said...

Sooooooooo pretty!! Love soft colors!!

Anita said...

Beautiful card Nicole. Love that image and the papers are so pretty.

~*Joni said...

You know something Nicole? I was perusing through C&Co.'s digis trying to find an image to use with the sketch - BRILLIANT idea to grab the wreath! Eeek! I love it, it looks like a gorgeous paneled door. Love the take on the sketch, your work is always such eye jewelry. heehee!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card Nicole!! I love how the wreath makes the sketch look like a door...fab idea!!

Howdy!