Friday, October 26

Beads and Bookmarks...

I am so excited when I get new beads! I received an order today of crystals, copper and silver and just in time, too. I got more lampwork yesterday and more coming by next Friday! So, I will be hitting the craft studio (aka, the basement) hard this weekend. I really enjoy making jewelry. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces! OH MY! Sometimes I want to make all of them at once, so I don't know where to start! I made special Christmas cards late last night and finished three of the five sets of beads, too. I made three more AWESOME bracelets, which were a hit with one of my friends today, when I showed her.

I also had ordered some fine glass beads and pewter beads, as well, to incorporate into my beaded bookmark, "The Spine Twine". You know these, they are called 'Book Thongs'at Barnes and Noble and other book stores. I enjoy going around town and seeing someone with my beads hanging out of their books. When I approach them and tell them I made it, they always tell me how much they love it and get so many compliments on it. SO, that makes me feel good. Someone told me that they read more now, too, since they like to show off their spine-twine by taking their book everywhere. Isn't that cool?

Well, I am off. Going to go make two more bracelets and a huge batch of bookmarks. Enjoy your evening!

No comments:

Howdy!