Tuesday, October 13

Wayne Frasier Anderson

Sorry, nothing crafty today.  My hubby's Grandpa past away over the weekend and we are up north spending time with family.  Visitation was last evening and the funeral is today.  We will be headed back this afternoon so we can get the kids ready for school tomorrow.

Grandpa wasn't my Grandpa by blood, obviously, but he surely was a kind man with a genuine heart of gold.  Even when I met Grandpa when Scott and I were just dating, I knew that he had accepted me into his family with open arms.  He didn't mind that I had been married before, divorced, had a child already.  He just loved me for me.  Such a sweet smile, too.  One that just made everything else seem so unimportant.  When he smiled at you, you felt good.  You felt loved.  You felt appreciated.  At least that is how he made me feel.

Grandpa loved my kids, too.  All of them, even Josh, who is obviously not a blood-related Anderson like my other three.  He always asked about Josh when we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa at their home, but left Josh behind to spend the weekend with his father, my ex-husband.  He cared for all of us equally, a true man of God.  He is in a better place now and is at peace.  And for that, I am so grateful.  My husband saw him about two weeks ago when he was in their area for business and stopped in on him.  He said his health was poor and knew it was coming.  Doesn't make it any easier though. 

He took his last breaths in the night where he had lived since marrying Grandma.  He raised his family of three boys and one girl there in that home.  From his four children, came 15 grandchildren and over 21 great-grandchildren (more on the way!).  I am sure he would say that he was happy with his life.  And that it was a full one.  Tons of friends and family always happy to see him; either in town, at church, out on the farm.  He was a great man, one that I am better to have known and to have had in my life, what little I did have.

On that note, please say a prayer for Grandma Ruth.  She's a tough cookie, and I am sure she's going to do just fine on her own.  She's an active gal, even being in her 80's, but still the initial change will be difficult for her, I would think.  So, keep her in your thoughts and pray for the family, too.  I would appreciate it.

Blessings to you and YOURS, too!

6 comments:

Kelly Mahany said...

what a sweet tribute Nicole! Your husband's Grampa sounds like he was a wonderful man and led a full and blessed life! I am happy to know that Scott got to see him so recently. I will be praying for Grandma Ruth and your whole family!

God Bless you!! Travel safely!!

Diana Gibbs said...

Hi Nicole,
I am so sorry for your loss. Hug your family and share stories about Grandpa, it will help to smile through the tears.

Hugs,
Di

RockerJewlz said...

What a nice tribute, Nicole. Not mushy, just honest. You did a good job projecting Granpa's personality in your writing.

Prayers already said for all of you still here.

Robb_eeie said...

Hi Nicole ~ It's always a shock to lose a loved-one, but try and take some comfort in knowing he was at home and didn't suffer.

Your tribute to him on your Blog is lovely :) I'm sure Grampa Anderson felt all the love that surrounded him, and will continue to. xxoo

Elaine said...

I love your post today - you share so much love and true emotion and feeling about how your grandpa accepted you...that's beautiful to hear! :) I will be thinking about you and your family and especially grandma too.

Take care!
Elaine

Jodi Collins said...

So sorry for your loss Nicole! My thoughts are with you all!

Howdy!