Monday, December 1

SheetLoad Card Details part ONE

Here are some close-up, detailed shots for those curious about my card. I used Copic (alcohol based) markers to color in the images of Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. I also used a hologram-embossing powder to make the snowflake sparkle a bit like a "star" would in the sky above the newborn "King"!

I used my Copic markers to color the white paper below and around the images to make it look like 'stable hay' of-sorts, and then cut the paper into jagged hay or straw shapes around the bottom. If you don't have Copic markers, seriously, you DO NOT KNOW what you are missing! I LOVE THEM! They may have cost me about $500-600, but they really are considered an investment for any artist... (at least that is what I tell my hubby! HA HA!)


Stamps: Paper Pretties (The Nativity) & Stampin’ UP! (Snowflake from Snow Swirled); Patterned Papers: Basic Grey (Dasher); Cardstock: Stampin’ UP! (Winter White, Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou); Ink: Brilliance (Coffee Bean), Copic (Sketch markers), Stampin’ UP! (Not Quite Navy); Grosgrain Ribbon: Stampin’ UP!; Punches: Stampin’ UP (long scallop), Marvey (square scallop); Rhinestone: Martha Stewart; Embossing powder: Stampin’ UP! (hologram highlights); Circular Cut: Creative Memories (Circle cutting template & blade); Exact-o knife: Stampin’ UP!, Dimensional Sticky Dots: Paper Studio

I will post details of my second card in a bit!

No comments:

Howdy!