Thursday, August 19

Blog Candy and a New Release!!


HEY!! Last day of summer today!!!!!!!  This summer was stressful but it did go by super fast!  I don't know what happened to the days!  The kids are excited for school tomorrow, they got up today at 6am because they couldn't wait to face the last day of summer!  And although I really do enjoy quiet time without referreeing kids all day during the school year, tomorrow is going to be bittersweet.  I am going to be putting my last child in 1/2 Day Kindergarten tomorrow, that's gonna be tough.  Scott just told me that he took tomorrow off so that he could see Isaac go to school at noon, so I am guessing that he's kinda sad his last child is headed to school, too.  Plus he probably knows I am going to be a wreck when I pull away from the school, too!!!!

The next 12 months is going to bring so many momentus occasions!  Besides Isaac starting school, Josh already off for his 2nd year of college last week, and Eli headed to a new school tomorrow (3rd, 4th and 5th are at another location) I will be turning the big FOUR-OH in February, Josh will be turning 21 in May and I will be celebrating my 10th anniversary next July!   WOW, it's gonna be a busy year!!

Well, onto the new release of MELJEN'S DESIGNS today!!!  Aren't these just adorable?  I LOVE aprons, have a few myself that I wear often, otherwise I ruin my clothes while I cook!  So, I am a bit surprised that I didn't use it for my card above, but this 'I Heart You Badge' was just tugging at my heartstrings!  Isn't it sweet?  This week's challenge at the Meljen's Designs BLOG HERE is a color challenge!  Brown, teal and orange are the colors of the week!!  Be sure to play so you can be entered to win THREE images of your choice!! 

I am using some of the same seam binding ribbon that is in my BLOG CANDY post below!!  Be sure to sign up for that!  There's not many entries so far, which makes it easier to win, teehee!!  I love how this ribbon just perks up any card, it's so fun being crinkled!!

Well, pop on over to the Meljen's BLOG to see more inspiration using the newly release digis!!  Or just see ALL of Melissa's artistry at the store HERE!!

Enjoy your day!!

2 comments:

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Super cute card Nicole! The new releases are adorable! I especially love the apron, too!

Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Nicole I love your beautiufl card!!Your blog is `Fabulous` TFS:)x

Howdy!