Thursday, November 27

Happy Thanksgiving NIGHT!

I hope this is finding everyone stuffed and content with pumpkin pie & whipped cream!

I made more jewelry today and spent the entire day watching USA channel! They had a HOUSE MD marathon! WOOOHOOOOO! I LOVE HOUSE! I saw quite a few episodes I had never seen before so it was quite fun!

Josh is at the movies with his dad and Scott called to tell me Happy Thanksgiving, which I thought was especially sweet! I am going to pull an all-nighter (after I take a nap), making items for this weekend's show AND then heading out to shop at 5am! There really isn't anything I need to buy, I just LOVE to get in on the action! HEEHEE!

OH, almost forgot.... My thankful thought for yesterday (since I missed the post) is that I am thankful for an understanding hubby. He was really gracious to let me stay home (instead of going with him and our kids to his parents' house) to make more items to sell at the show this weekend. He didn't make me feel an ounce of guilt, so that was really nice. I am sure he also hopes that I make a 2K killing like I did last year so that I can get a little bit more out of debt with my business expenses, too, but that is okay! At least he is being somewhat supportive, right?

I am very thankful that he does what he can and tries his best to make me happy. Sometimes he doesn't achieve it, but I am sure he is not the WHOLE blame, if you know what I mean, wink, wink....

As for today, my thankful thought is......

I am thankful for my eldest son, Josh. Now that he is 18 (senior in High School), I look at him a tad different. I have given him a bit more leniency and a bit more room for him to do what he wants to do and needs to do as a man/adult, if you will. And, he has been holding his own. I haven't had to "PARENT" him as much as last year. He really has matured. I look at Josh and think back to when I was his age. I was pregnant when I was 18 1/2 or so, the same age he is now. Hard to believe. I have been able to let go of the apron strings a bit and so has he. And although that makes me sad, I am happy, too.

He has really turned into a great person. A delightful young man. He listens to my suggestions on parenthood, he listens to my advice on women, he pays attention to the way Scott treats me AND more importantly, he thinks about how God looks at him.

I know my time is limited with him now. All too soon he will fly the coup and find himself a girl, possibly a wife and have children, too. I really hope he does find it within himself to push away the barriers and is able to share himself with a sweet girl that is worthy of him. He is so scared of being hurt, it is going to take a patient soul to stay with it. But, BOY, will it be worth her while, too.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope everyone had a SUPER DUPER day!

Blessings to all of you!

No comments:

Howdy!