Sunday, September 21

Blog Candy!!

NOW that I have your attention... Check out Cammie's Blog for the BLOG CANDY OF THE CENTURY!!!! She has been overwhelmed with donations from numerous scrappin' companies to support her in bringing awareness to the Alzheimer's Foundation. You can read more in my EARLIER POSTS HERE and ALSO HERE how Cammie has been personally affected by this disease.

Well, I am attempting to win this awesome blog candy not just for myself, but so I can share it with others and start a Card-Ministry at my church! In order to be entered to win, I am 'required' to make a card to send or give to a person who cares for a person who has been affected with Alzheimer's. Well, I need to double check, but I think I have two people who do this as their profession, so once I confirm that, these are the cards that I am going to give to them. One is a man, one is a woman, so I will give the gal the purple one, of course!

Please pay-it-forward, even if you don't intend to play along and try to win this 'no trick, ALL TREAT' sack of blog-candy! Send a simple card to someone you know who takes care of an Alzheimer's patient. Their work is so difficult and they should be reminded more often how their work is so very much appreciated. All it takes is 10 minutes to grab a card, even if it isn't hand-made, write a simple "Thank YOU!" inside and pop it in the mail. All too often we 'converse' through email and forget exactly how special it is to receive a card in the mail that someone took the time to carefully pick out and send to us! Am I right?

Thank YOU, CAMMIE for bringing this disease to the forefront and allowing us to take a closer look at this disease through your eyes. I am POSITIVE that your Grandma Mamo is beaming with pride and has the biggest smile on her face!




The leaves are from SUP! Fall Whimsy set and the sentiment is from Thoroughly Thankful Set.

Here is just ONE of the many, many stamp sets that you can win if you decide to play along!

This is from the company Starving Artistamps, isn't this hilarious? I mean, look at the saggy boobs! HA HA HA!!!

This is a stamp set from a company I had never heard of, Flourishes, until just lately. I LOVE their variety of stamps! Isn't this set cool?!




I am sure you have heard of Verve Visual before, but I just saw some cards made with this birdy image and fell in love!


Please post this BLOG CANDY CHANCE on your blog or website!
Cammie and I would appreciate it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole~~ your beautiful card creations and posting of new stamp sets is slaughtering any hope of cash savings for this approaching Christmas!*! UGGG! I adore the *Starving Artistamps* images, especially the sagging boobs. HA HA
Kinda reminds me of myself when I look in the mirror!! :0)

Unknown said...

The cards are so pretty!

this pay it forward shouldn't be too hard...I'll send it to the Alheimer's unit where my Grandma was back home before she passed away last year.

Anonymous said...

I think letter writing is a lost art! Your stamp sets are great ~ I love the witch one. too funny. Great cause Nicole.

Ann said...

I love this card--great fall colors and the perfect sentiment. :D

Pauline said...

Hi there. Thank you so much for your kind comments you left on my blog. I'm still not feeling up to making cards, but as you said it's nice to have more than one hobby. I am now turning my thoughts towards redecorating my little house, that should keep me busy over the coming months, lol.

Pauline said...

Oh, and your jewelry are so beautiful and different! I just love them.

Sherry Wright said...

Great card and cause, hope you're having a wonderful week! :0)

Howdy!