Friday, May 8

Talk about DISAPPOINTMENT

See the blue bookmark and the kitty-cat one on the right? Well, it is the last time you will see them, because someone stole them AND one of my ever-popular KeyBling keychains, just this morning at the nearby artist's market at which I am selling my jewelry and gifts. I even think there is at least one necklace, if not, TWO that are missing as well.

Yep, people that is over $100.00 of goods that are GONE. The wife of the couple that runs it had just opened the door at 10am and said that this gal just came and went in like 5 minutes, and never said anything before dashing out the door.

I am posting this because I know that there are a bunch of customers that read my blog and have been planning on coming out to see me at the H.H.Gallery in Holland. WELL, plans have changed. My items will only be out WHEN I AM THERE. No longer am I going to have my items out for sale in my absence and expect the owners to watch my tables. I know they said that they would, but this morning is a perfect example of how things can get stolen out from under your nose.

I guess it didn't help that I was featured in the local paper with a nice lengthy article (and even a picture of me at my table talking to Josh) about my jewelry as well as papercrafts, too. AND the article mentioned my items were made with sterling silver and lampwork and Swarovski crystals. Yeah, that thief KNEW what she was after, don't cha think?? SO, if you plan to come out to visit me, just email me first to be sure I will be there. This weekend is still up in the air since KayLee's birthday is tomorrow and Josh's is Sunday, not to mention that it is also Mother's Day; and WHO wants to WORK on Mother's DAY?? I am thinking I will be there from noon to 4pm each day, so if that changes I will post it here on the blog.


Maybe I should be flattered that she chose to steal so much!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That really stinks!!!!

JenMarie said...

Oh no, so sorry Nicole.

Peggy said...

That is terrible. Shame shame on them.

A Touch of SOL said...

Sorry..Babe...But she will have to answer to higher being. God is always watching...

Susan Timmerman said...

That SO sucks! WHY would someone steal? Just boggles my mind!

Jenna Cotton said...

oh no, what a bummer!

Carolyn King said...

oh no girl...that is awful. so sorry that you had this bad experience. Your work is amazing---she definitely picked the good stuff. Hugs!

Howdy!