Sunday, December 9

After the Crockpot........

I decided to throw some chicken into the crockpot before taking on the camera shoot. MAN! Crockpot cooking does NOT save time, in my opinion! I think it took more time to prepare the meal for the 5 hours of cooking time than it would have taken me to prepare a regular meal in a skillet or in the oven! Well, if you know me, I am always up for a new recipe. SO, I decided to try this herb chicken & shrimp recipe... I didn't realize I had to brown the cut-up chicken fryer FIRST before putting it in the crockpot; AND i didn't realize I needed to skin the chicken before browning it either! It took an hour just to prepare the whole thing before actually turning the crock pot on!! THEN after I turned it on, I only THEN remembered that I had to get the raw shrimp de-veined and de-shelled (?) to be ready for adding to the crockpot during the last 20 minutes of cooking time! SO, there I went again, de-veining away...
NOW... ON TO THE GOOD STUFF!! SEE BELOW!

No comments:

Howdy!