Tuesday, March 17

Sketch Challenge and Color Challenge Combo!

Here's a Sketch & Color challenge combo from SplitCoastStampers last week. Rose Red, Always Artichoke and Basic Black were the given colors and this is the obvious looking sketch. I left the top right empty (except for some paper piercing) to let the eye rest from the remainder of the busy card.

I sometimes like to use symbolism in my cards, or try to create movement or even a scene. I was hoping that this card would look like the whale was bringing happiness and good tidings (PINK FLORAL PAPER & FLOWERS) into an otherwise dismal feeling (BLACK). Not sure if anyone ever looks past the initial 'look' of the card, so I thought I would explain this.

My hubby is headed out of town for a few days, beginning tomorrow, so I have things to do to prepare to face the kids 'ALONE (EEEEEEK!)' for three days! So, I will be back when I can!


Have a SUPER DAY!

3 comments:

Julie Temple said...

LOL this little ( err BIG) gal is just adorable!! And YES she does eminate CHEER!!

Hugs,
Julie

Mary said...

cute card. and hope you enjoy your time with your three days with the children :) .

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card!!
I love the colors!!!

Oh, and have fun with your kiddos!!

Howdy!