Monday, July 28

Traditional Anniversary Gifts

Upon searching for a customer who wants to have something made for her daughter's anniversary, I thought I would put together a chart of the traditional AND modern Anniversary gifts that are appropriate for each year.


Year ~ Traditional ~ Modern ~ Flower

1st ~ PaperClock ~ Orange ~ Blossom

2nd ~ Cotton ~ China ~ Daisy

3rd ~ Leather ~ Glass/Crystal ~ Carnation

4th ~ Fruit/Flowers ~ Appliance ~ Violet

5th ~ Woodenware ~ Silverware ~ Pansies

6th ~ Candy/Iron ~ Woodenware ~ Tulip

7th ~ Wool/Copper ~ Desk Set ~ Camellia

8th ~ Bronze/Pottery ~ Linen/Lace ~ Cat's Tail

9th ~ Pottery/Willow ~ Leather Item ~ Hollyhock

10th ~ Tin/Aluminum ~ Diamond Jewelry ~Sweet Pea

11th ~ Steel ~ Fashion Jewelry ~ Lilac

12th ~ Silk/Linens ~ Pearls ~ Lily

13th ~ Lace ~ Textiles/Furs ~ Hydrangea

14th ~ Ivory ~ Gold Jewelry ~ Daffodil

15th ~ Crystal ~ Watch ~ Calla Lily

20th ~ China ~ Platinum ~ Iris

25th ~ Silver ~ Silver ~ Yellow Rose

30th ~ Pearls ~ Diamond Jewelry ~ Poppy

35th ~Coral ~ Jade ~ Peony

40th ~ Ruby ~ Ruby ~ Mum

50th ~ Gold ~ Gold ~ Red Rose

55th ~ Emeralds ~ Emeralds ~ Jasmine

60th ~ Diamonds ~ Diamonds ~ White Rose


All I know is that if Scott had given me a desk set while in Chicago for our anniversary I would probably have hit him over the head with it! HA HA! NO, I am kidding! I think the modern version of that should be a Laptop, though, don't you think? Well, at least he didn't give me a wool scarf! AND, he better not give me a bouquet of Cat-tails next year either! HA HA HA!!!!!!!!

Back later!

No comments:

Howdy!