Sunday, January 6

An Oldie but Goodie

I re-vamped this colorful bracelet this afternoon. These beads are gorgeous and perfect! No imperfections like bubbles or burned glass discolorations and with opaque (not see-through) glass this is difficult to accomplish. Long story, but if there is any factor that isn't "just right" the glass may become weak and actually get a stress line, discolor, burn, break or shatter altogether. Lampwork is truly an artform! The original design was a bit lengthy, so I set it aside two months ago and forgot about it. Lo and behold, I came across it in the hobbyroom "move" (see earlier posts from 12/31 and 1/1....) so I made it a point to get it finished so I can offer it again before sending it out to This Olde House on 9th & Newton Sts., here in Jasper, IN.

These beads are made by a well-known lampwork bead artist, so this one is a bit pricier than the last. BUT, her beads tend to actually "appreciate" in value and are almost like collectible jewelry when put in a quality piece. I can classify myself as such, since I do not use silver beads or silver wire that are/is "plated". Only sterling here and I also only use Swarovski crystals... NO czech beads here, so this bracelet will surely be worth the price and MORE someday!

I love how the focal bead has so many colors and I brought all of them out in a circular pattern... From orange to turquoise to purple to green, this bracelet is sure to shine on your wrist. It is a bit summery/springy, but I feel guilty keeping it hidden away in a box! And the colors are actually very rich, so you could wear it with a turtleneck sweater and some jeans any day of the week! $75.00 will put this one on your arm! It will fit an average 7 1/2 wrist perfectly, however, I will re-size at no charge if you need it a little smaller or larger, just let me know. $6.00 for priority shipping and insurance if you are outside Dubois County, IN.

The first to call or email (at left) gets it!



No comments:

Howdy!